2007-04-11

A much belated thank-you

So a while ago I wrote about how the makers of Axe products would give you a ton of cash to pimp out your bathroom if you could prove it was really disgusting.

Well what do you imagine happened? Yep they ignored me.

Did they? Maybe for a few days, but I received an email from the Axe marketing squad thanking me for the kind mention (which of course further publicizes their campaign) and that someone would soon be in touch. Yeah ok I said.

A week or so later I received another email, saying they would send me a token of their appreciation, but they first need my address. This is getting a touch more serious, and I still highly doubt anything will happen but what's the harm?

After another week I received a care package at my door from none other than Axe - inside were numerous sticks, sprays, body washes and matchbooks... more than I could ever use for years!

I ended up spreading the word and donating a few to other guys who also liked Axe stuff, but I still have a drawer full here that comes in handy for that all-too-important rotation of fragrance.

Thank you, Axe! And my apologies for the severe delay in my reply.

No comments: